- I will often have a “Thought of the Week” or some phrase or verse that will ask students to share on their Facebook wall and tweet.
- We host a facebook group for Student Leadership Team, this is a great place to train, ask questions, and encourage a specific group of students.
- Sometimes I post a preview video on our youth ministries facebook page. This is simply a short video (30-45 sec) letting them know what we will be talking about the next time we meet.
- I have not played this with our group yet but I hope to use the game “Facebook Hack” soon. check out the details at morethandodgeball.
- We created a segment video called “Off The Wall.” I ask staff to find and hoard some funny, silly, ridiculous status updates, see the video below.
• I usually do not go to be until after midnight so the first site I hit is WOOT! Woot is the best one deal a day website and they have several sister sites listed on the right of their page, click’em all.
• AppShopper top 200 (sort by changed to see the fast movers)
• Bens Bargains
- I have been serving in youth ministry for nearly 20 years, am currently the Director of Student Ministries at Valley Church in Des Moines, IA, and am on a first name basis with several Best Buy employees. My wife Keri and I have been married over ten years and have three great boys. My four favorite things are Jesus, my wife, Chicago Style Pizza, and fighting off our boys with sweet ninja moves.